Thank you for considering Brimmer and May for your child’s education. The information below will clarify the steps in the admissions process.
Applications due: January 17, 2014
Lower School Assessment: January 17, 2014
Financial Aid PFS due: February 3, 2014
An interview is a required part of the process. Please call the Admissions Office at 617-738-8695 to make an appointment to tour the School and to meet with a member of the Admissions staff. Allow two hours for both the tour and interview. Interviews will begin the second week of September. The best times to visit are mid-September through December.
Lower School (PK-5)
• Applicants for the Lower School will be evaluated on Friday, January 17, 2014 (snow date: Saturday, January 18, 2014).
• Please call the Admissions Office at 617-738-8695 during early December to schedule a time for your child’s evaluation.
• Report cards and standardized test copies should be provided when available.
• All application materials, including the AISNE teacher evaluation form, are due in the Admissions Office no later than January 17, 2014.
Middle and Upper School (6-12)
• Applicants for the Middle School are required to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). Applicants for the Upper School are required to take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Students may register for either test online and must request that scores are sent directly to Brimmer and May (school code #220600 for ISEE or #1860 for SSAT).
• All application materials, including AISNE teacher recommendation forms, transcripts, and test scores, are due in the Admissions Office no later than January 17, 2014.
Families will be notified of all admissions decisions on March 10, 2014 and are asked to inform the school of their decision by April 10, 2014.
All Visitors should check in at the Main Office in McCoy Hall located at 69 Middlesex Road (the brick building). There are two parking spaces along the side of the Admissions Building at 73 Middlesex Road. There is also an admissions spot located in the gym parking lot and street parking on the field side of the road.
|Click here for Brimmer and May's online parent application. This may be used in place of the written parent application. First-time users are required to register for a user name and password. The site will allow you to save and return to your application as necessary, before submitting it to Brimmer and May. (Student applications for grades 3-12 should be downloaded from the above box and submitted to the Admissions Office.)|
If you have questions at any time during the admissions process, please feel free to contact the Admissions Office.
Admissions Office phone
Financial Aid Office phone
Admissions Office fax